The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Algirdo street 4, Vilnius
Attention: on the 23rd May 2018 (Wednesday) is non-working day of Consular section.
Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10.00 to 12.00
1 and 2 January - The New Year's Day;
20 January - National Mourning Day;
8 March - The Women's Day;
20-26 March - Novruz holiday;
9 May - The Victory Day over fascism;
28 May - The Republic Day;
15 June - The Day of National Salvation of the Azerbaijani People;
16-19 June - Ramadan holiday;
26 June - The Armed Forces Day;
9 November - State Flag Day of Azerbaijan;
31 December - The World Azerbaijanis Solidarity Day;
Gurban (2 days) and Ramadan (2 days) – dates change every year depending on İslamic calendar.
Applying for a visa (supporting documents):
1. Valid national passport:
original of passport and one copy of the main page;
validity date of passport should be at least three months beyond the duration of the visa applied for;
passport has to contain at least two blank pages;
2. Lithuanian residency permit (non-Lithuanian citizens should present):
original of residency permit (leidimas) and one copy;
validity date of residency permit (leidimas) should be at least three months beyond the duration of the visa applied for;
Two biometric color photos with a white background, taken within the last 6 months;
Size of photos should be 3 cm x 4 cm otherwise application form will not be accepted;
4. Health insurance (copy) for the duration of the visa applied for (in case of inviting part does not undertake to medical services);
5. Passenger ticket;
6. Hotel reservation paper must be signed and stamped by the hotel management. Unofficial correspondence (e.g. e-mail messages etc.) with the hotel will not be accepted;
7. Certificate of employer/educational organization (signed and stamped) indicating personal information, applicant's position, purpose of the trip and coverage of expenses;
8. Сertificate from the bank on the availability of money on applicant’s bank account for the trip, accommodation in Azerbaijan and to return to the country of origin;
9. Payment receipt (bank transaction statement only, no cash or credit cards accepted):
Consular fee for issuing visas for citizens of States of Schengen Zone (including citizens and non-citizens of the Republic of Lithuania): single entry - € 35 Euro, multiple entry - € 35 Euro.
All bank transaction fees (currency conversion and etc.) should be paid by the visa applicant, otherwise visa application cannot be processed;
Visa applicant’s name and surname, also “for consular service” notice must be indicated in the payment receipt;
Payment requisites: BANK ACCOUNT - SWEDBANK. Account Number: LT757300010116334104
Fees for processing the visa application are waived for the following categories of persons, provided they have submitted the necessary supporting documents regarding the purpose of journey:
- for close relatives — spouses, children (including adopted), parents (including custodians), grandparents and grandchildren — of citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan or of citizens of the Republic of Lithuania legally residing in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- for members of official delegations, including permanent members of official delegations, who, following an official invitation addressed to the Republic of Azerbaijan, shall participate in official meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programmes, as well as in events held in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- for pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purposes of study or educational training, including in the framework of exchange programmes as well as other school related activities;
- for persons with disabilities and persons accompanying them, if necessary;
- for participants in international sports events and persons accompanying them in a professional capacity;
- for persons participating in scientific, cultural and artistic activities, including university and other exchange programmes;
- for persons who have presented documents proving the necessity of their travel on humanitarian grounds, including to receive urgent medical treatment and the person accompanying such person, or to attend a funeral of a close relative, or to visit a seriously ill close relative;
- for representatives of civil society organizations when undertaking trips for the purposes of educational training, seminars, conferences, including in the framework of exchange programmes;
- for pensioners;
- for children under the age of 12;
- for journalists and technical crew accompanying them in a professional capacity;
- for holders of diplomatic or service passports, travelling for official purpose.
Type of visit:
Letter of invitation in Azerbaijani language from a business counterpart in Azerbaijan (written on inviting organization’s letterhead, signed and stamped) indicating personal information, purpose of the trip and the duration of applicant's intended stay in Azerbaijan;
notarized copy of state registration certificate of the inviting organizations (non-government organizations);
A period of stay in the country covered by the tourist visa is 30 days
Papers necessary for obtaining a visa include a document proving that the purpose of a trip is tourism - a tourist voucher or a passenger ticket and hotel reservation;
Notarized copy of inviting person’s identification document;
Notarized invitation letter certifying obligation to meet the financial expenses related with the travel of a foreigner or stateless person (ticket, daily and medical expenses, etc.) or possession of financial resources to pay these expenses;
As well as the document certifying that the invited person is a family member of the labor migrant or the foreigner and stateless person getting education.
The validity of transit visa is 5 days;
Copies of the visa (excluding the countries with a visa-free regime to travel to the destination country) and the ticket for travelling to the destination country from the applied country (if it is possible to obtain them) or other information certifying the travel.
- Completed Visa application form, duly signed by the applicant. Visa Application Form must be printed in black ink, single sided and had to be filled using BLOCK LETTERS ONLY !!!.
- All the questions should be answered, otherwise the form will not be accepted;
- Visa processing: 10 days (can be prolongated to 30 days).
- All visa applicants must apply in person at the Consular Section. In case of refusal, visa application cannot be processed;
The Consular Section reserves a right to require any additional documents that it considers to be necessary for visa application procedure;
- All foreign citizens visiting Azerbaijan for more than 10 days must apply to the State Migration Service for registration. You can also apply online for registration by this application form after fill-in send to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An amount paid by applicant for visa is not reimbursed in case of rejection of visa issuance.
- The Embassy would like to remind that those who traveled to the occupied territories without prior permission of the Republic of Azerbaijan will be denied the entry to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- For children who have not attained the 18 year old, are required birth certificate (original and copy)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan would like to remind all nationals of foreign countries wishing to travel to Nagorno-Karabakh and other occupied regions of Azerbaijan that due to continuing occupation by the Armed Forces of the Republic of Armenia, these areas are temporarily out of control of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Any visit without the consent of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the above-mentioned territories, which are internationally recognized as an integral part of Azerbaijan is considered as a violation of sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Azerbaijan and as a breach of national legislation, as well as relevant norms and principles of international law.
Accordingly, the Ministry calls all foreign nationals to refrain themselves from travelling to the occupied territories in and around the Nagorno-Karabakh region of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Ministry would like to remind that those who traveled to the occupied territories without prior permission of the Republic of Azerbaijan will be denied the entry to the Republic of Azerbaijan. In case of necessity, appropriate legal actions will be taken with regard to this persons.